Monday, November 12, 2012

So Thankful - November 12





Today - I'm thankful for what I'm going to call 'everyday friends'.  You know the ones, right?  Those friends that are just a neat and tidy part of your everyday.  Maybe you've known them forever, maybe they slipped into your life like a comfortable sweater recently and you can't quite remember life before them.  The ones that see you with your hair in a ponytail, no makeup, wearing your sweats and don't even notice that your t-shirt is on inside out.  The ones that pick up your kid from school because she's "in the area anyway".  The friends who praise and discipline your children as comfortably and fluently as they do their own.  They are comfortable in your kitchen and you don't blush over the dirty dishes in the sink.  They can give you grief over your tendency to be late and scatterbrained and all you feel is love in the commentary.  You wouldn't dream of making a clothing or shoe purchase without their approval - and if you do, you always, inevitably wind up returning it for one reason or another.  Some of mine live a million miles away and some live just up the street.  Some I see every day and some slip in and out of my life so easily that I barely notice the absence.  Sometimes I take them for granted and sometimes that is the very beauty of the relationship.  Today - Today I am very, very thankful for them!

1 comment:

NonGoddess said...

Good to see you today. And, remember, you picked those clogs out on you own. I approve, but you have good instincts and should trust yourself!