It's November 15. I'm halfway through this month of thankfulness and I have to say that the experiment of coming up with something concrete to appreciate each and every day is a fantastic one! It has me noticing everything and everyone around me more than I usually do.
Today - I sat down at my desk, closed my office door and booted up Pandora. I was feeling a confusing mix of emotional exhaustion and incredible upbeat pep. And Pandora fed me PERFECT music for at least an hour. Each and every song was one that spoke to me directly, was something I wanted to sing along to and seemed to be handpicked for what was going on in my strange brain.
My life has always had a soundtrack. I've always found beauty and meaning in lyrics - definitely always preferring songs that tell a story or convey a message to one that just provides a hearty beat. If only I were a poet... but I most definitely am not. And frankly, I don't usually enjoy straight poetry - but set that poetry to music and I am in!
Music was an enormous part of my younger life. I played piano, flute, oboe...I sang ALL the time. And while I gave up all of those pursuits mysteriously in college...I have maintained my love and appreciation for music well-done and I have very varied tastes - Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Jason Mraz, Big & Rich, Ani Difranco, Adele, Pink, Kid Rock...there are actually few that I don't have an appreciation for I think.
And I've been lucky enough - SO lucky enough - to have found a career firmly entrenched in the music business. So I am thankful for music! Of all kinds...anything that speaks to the soul. And today - I'm thankful for the Pandora-gods who are sending me the perfect soundtrack for my day!
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment