Today I am thankful for this sunrise...specifically for this sunrise behind this casino sign. I can't quite articulate precisely why this specific sight brought me so much pleasure this morning, but it did. I'm pleased that the current me loves herself enough to get out of bed an hour early and seek out a run. Pleased that I'm strong enough to find a random route that will let me get my miles in even though that less than idyllic route was basically a weaving through and around hotels and restaurants through parking lots. And the smile wrapped up in this casino sign might be the 20 minutes that my friend Matty and I spent in this casino last night discussing the merits of a gamble as he plunked some cash down on the roulette wheel. I think it's that combined with the beautiful sunrise here in middle America on a beautiful morning.
I'm thankful for this specific sunrise!
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment