I made a half-hearted attempt at getting a candid-ish photo of my family tonight...we were short two integral pieces AND instagram cut off 3 more (plus me, I guess) so this is a fraction of the group.
Today - I am thankful for my extended family...we are a crazy group. I don't know many families like ours who get together for a big family dinner at least once a month...who play together and work together as easily and often as we do. Some of them make me a little bit crazy on a fairly regular basis but I can't imagine my life without them. And I post this today because even though it is the Saturday before Thanksgiving, there was a large effort made for us all to be together for my Mom's Birthday celebration. My sister abandoned her husband and drove two hours, my girls and I drove two hours up and back for the day. and this is perfectly normal.
My daughters are growing up knowing that their Auntie Kristen can fix their ouchies (she IS a doctor after all) and knowing that their crazy Uncle Jon is going to tease them mercilessly. Knowing that their Auntie Carly will whip out a spontaneous craft (she's awfully crafty for someone who claims to not be crafty...) when everyone starts getting squirrely before dinner. I think they are still figuring out what to make of their Uncle Andy - the newest member of the group, but they get awfully excited when he's around.
And I already gushed about the amazingness of my Mom...and Dad is just as amazing.
We love each other - we support each other - we are crazy close and I couldn't be more thankful for my amazing, crazy, frustrating, annoying, supportive, hard-working, fantastic family!
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment