Friday, November 23, 2012

So Thankful - November 22

Today - I am thankful for naps!  Yup!  It's true!  Maybe a little bit of a strange thing to be thankful for, but there you have it!

I took this photo a couple of days ago when Em randomly fell asleep in the rocking chair all on her own.  She had apparently been helping Daddy & B put up the Christmas lights outside...she disappeared for a while and this is how we found her.  Good for her!  :)  Both my girls gave up their naps REALLY early.  We haven't had a 'nap time' at our house in at least 18 months.  Which is a very sad thing.  But every now and again --- the little one still falls asleep for a snooze.  She is always in a better mood come bedtime if she's had a solid rest in the afternoon.

One of the greatest blessings of the Thanksgiving celebration is always the annual naptime.  Everyone crashes - the whole house is basically a big crash-zone.  This year, I wanted my little one to take a real nap (which she doesn't normally do anymore) so I took her upstairs and laid down with her and we had the NICEST snuggle and nap.  There is nothing quite like falling asleep with a little person breathing on your cheek.  I started feeling guilty about missing out on kitchen clean-up or whatever so I went downstairs to find out that everyone was crashed in varying states of playing quietly, watching football...so I lay down on the floor by my Dad and we were both snoring in no time.  It was blissful!

No comments: