Sunday, November 11, 2012

So Thankful - November 11

"Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree..."

Yup!  It's a bit of an obvious one considering the holiday, but today I'm thankful for the veterans...all of 'em, of course...but particularly those that I am close to.  Leaving alone (no disrespect intended) the countless uncles, grandparents, extended relatives - not to mention my Dad, of course - who have stepped up to protect this country when called upon...I am grateful for those that are currently or have recently done their part so that I don't have to.  I am thankful for the Brad S's of the world, the Mattys, the Franks, the Steves...all those whose might and bravery keep the badness at bay and keep my family safe.  I'll confess that most years this is one of those holidays that comes and goes with hardly a backward glance from me.  This year - it lands 2 days before I'm going to have a rare opportunity to catch up with my Matty who is stationed in Omaha...and a few short weeks after one of my very best friends' husbands shipped off to Afghanistan.  (The ribbon photo was taken in their front yard tonight.)  For that matter, I'm thankful for all those who stay behind and keep soldiers' lives ticking along without them while they are off doing what they need to do.  I'm thankful for the Lisa's of the world who do their very best to keep the home fires burning.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind and appropriate words, today, Stacy

SB
-Admin/Editor
http://SustainingLiberty.com