Nov 2 - Chris left for a show in Austin early this morning - before the girls woke up. This means it's just me and the ladies until Wednesday. We're pretty accustomed to this and we do very well together as a rule. We have our routines and Chris and I have taken turns being on the road on a regular basis since the kids were babies so they don't know any different and it doesn't seem to warp their worlds in the least. We're pretty proud of their resiliency in this respect. I would be lying if I called today a bad day and I'm stretching the truth a titch to even call it a "hard" day...but it was definitely long! We spent the entire day together - in the same room - usually within arms' reach of one another. It is a beautiful blessing - it is also occasionally suffocating! Days like today - and tomorrow - and the next day - help me to remember what an absolute blessing it is that I am only a "sometimes" single parent...which is nothing at all like being an ACTUAL single parent. I am thankful that I not only have a partner in this parenting adventure but a willing, able, strong, determined, fun and COMMITTED partner! I am thankful that I have long days like today to remind me of the blessing that my co-parent partner truly is!
 |
I love that when Daddy is away - B takes over storytime responsibilities! Few things make me happier than listening to B read to her little sister. (and - I've tried 5 different times to rotate this photo...no clue why it doesn't want to go! Sorry!)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment