Case in point - I've written about the "Game On" challenge...it has done some really amazing things for me. For example:
- I am regularly drinking 100 oz of water per day
- I am rarely drinking alcohol
- I have cut soda out of my diet
- I have rarely consumed refined sugar in 2012
- I am naturally focusing on consumption of proteins and raw fruits & vegetables
- I am exercising 20 - 60 minutes per day. 6 days per week
And yes - I definitely started this challenge looking to give my weight loss a jump start. But I'm sticking with the challenge (I'm in the 3rd month at this point) because I love how great I feel overall! I honestly believe that at the ripe old age of 35, I'm in nearly the best shape of my life.
Here's the numbers for you...
We are 4 weeks into a 6 week round of "Game On". This is my third round (we took one week off between round 1 & 2 and the first two rounds were 4 weeks each) so I've been living this healthy lifestyle for 13 weeks! In that time, I have dropped from a Size 10 jean to a very comfortable size 6. I have returned to a point where the 7.5 mile run that I did on Friday felt AWESOME and not AWFUL! I am at a weight that I honestly haven't seen since before I spent a semester in Greece in college and ate way too much baklava. And - I spent 3 days working with a big bunch of guys who were all flirting with me the whole time, so I MUST be looking better because I can't remember the last time that I turned anyone's head besides my husband's. My weight when I started was 147.6 and yesterday I was down to 126.6 - 21 pounds lost and I am within a "healthy weight" category. This is 4 pounds below what I thought was going to be my goal weight because I NEVER thought I'd see 125 again! WOW!
Since I've cut soda out of my diet, I drink a LOT of water. Which gets really old after a while. So - I've started to drink quite a bit of tea. Usually I go quick and easy with a tea bag but I'm also dabbling in loose leaf, "medicinal" teas as well (this brings this post back around to the holistic health that I talked about up top). More on this fabulous topic soon!
Here's the pics:
Here's the numbers for you...
We are 4 weeks into a 6 week round of "Game On". This is my third round (we took one week off between round 1 & 2 and the first two rounds were 4 weeks each) so I've been living this healthy lifestyle for 13 weeks! In that time, I have dropped from a Size 10 jean to a very comfortable size 6. I have returned to a point where the 7.5 mile run that I did on Friday felt AWESOME and not AWFUL! I am at a weight that I honestly haven't seen since before I spent a semester in Greece in college and ate way too much baklava. And - I spent 3 days working with a big bunch of guys who were all flirting with me the whole time, so I MUST be looking better because I can't remember the last time that I turned anyone's head besides my husband's. My weight when I started was 147.6 and yesterday I was down to 126.6 - 21 pounds lost and I am within a "healthy weight" category. This is 4 pounds below what I thought was going to be my goal weight because I NEVER thought I'd see 125 again! WOW!
Since I've cut soda out of my diet, I drink a LOT of water. Which gets really old after a while. So - I've started to drink quite a bit of tea. Usually I go quick and easy with a tea bag but I'm also dabbling in loose leaf, "medicinal" teas as well (this brings this post back around to the holistic health that I talked about up top). More on this fabulous topic soon!
Here's the pics:
| wow - me at the start of "Round 1" - 147.6 pounds |
| Me today! 126.6 pounds |
| and showing off the Size 10 jeans... |

3 comments:
You look AWESOME. Totally understand why the guys were flirting with you. And I think I've asked before, but if you could bottle some of your will power and energy and send it on over here to Scotland, that'd be grand.
Dave just ordered a book about it. I am so impressed with your will power. I hope we can be nearly successful!
You look amazing, Stacy! I have to admit I'm quite jealous :) I've started running in an attempt to train for a 1/2 marathon with Leah in August, but I'd look and feel better with healthier eating habits. Seriously, reading your post tonight has renewed my motivation - thank you for sharing. (I like your other posts, too).
Steph
Post a Comment