- Jump back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon to return to my goal weight of 130.
- Return to exercising at least 3 times per week.
- Water. Water. Water.
- Diet Coke = Bad
- I love Weight Watchers. Well, I hate Weight Watchers, of course. It isn't "right" to LOVE Weight Watchers. But I do love it. sorta. I believe that it is the best "diet" on the market right now. It doesn't contain any supplements or crazy powders or anything. It doesn't tell you that you can't eat this or that. I can't imagine sticking to a gluten-free diet or anything like that. It lets me eat whatever I want but holds me accountable for what I eat. It teaches me to place a very real value on eating the "right" foods - ie. vegetables and proteins over carbs and cakes. It doesn't cost a small fortune. It doesn't necessitate that I continue to buy 'their food' until the end of days to keep the weight off. It seems like the healthiest option by far. AND - BONUS - I know it works for me. I am a Lifetime member, after all! (yes - you are reading the sin of pride in that statement). I reached and maintained my 130 pound goal weight for 6+ weeks back before the girls were born. Can't wait to get there again! And - I was almost there this past spring when everything went horribly wrong. So - as of today - I'm BACK WW!
- I love races. I hate the expense of races. But I love races. I love the comradery of it. Love the excitement of it. Love the challenge of it. Love the fact that it forces me to keep running on a regular basis. So - much as we probably can't afford it, I'm going to go back to signing up for some races. The first one will likely be the Valentine's Day 5k if I can convince SOMEONE (see that, sic?) to run it with me again this year - I totally embarassed myself "running" it last year - this year will be better! So - back to running the track at the ymca. Though I'm considering trying some swimming once a week or so to change things up because that track gets mighty dull after the 30th lap or so. Chris bought me a waterproof case and headset for my ipod so I'll give it a shot. Plus - BONUS - swimming IS a full-body workout, after all.
- I don't like water. What's to like? It is SO boring. I only can tolerate it if I've been running (then it's delicious!) or if it's ICE cold! So this is going to be a tough one for me. I'm dedicating my BIG BLUE pitcher to my water drinking goals. I'll fill it with filtered water every morning and empty it by bedtime. I WILL!
- Diet Coke is delicious. I am also addicted. Full-on addicted. Until I have my daily dose, my body feels sluggish, achy...downright hungover. Mere moments after that first sip, I'm clearer, physically feel better, significantly less cranky...and it frightens me. It is 100% ridiculous that the way that I feel and the way that I react to my children is so dependent on a cup of stuff that is bad for me to begin with. So - at least for now - I'm giving it up cold turkey. I gave it up while I was pregnant, I can do it again. I'll just suffer for a bit, I'm sure...and so will the girls unfortunately. But - it'll be better! I swear!
And my check-in for today - 147.6 pounds per my home scale. And this is what I look like right now. This is an honest photo. I did not suck anything in...didn't push anything out. This is just me. It ain't pretty but it's true and it will get better quickly.

4 comments:
it is TOO pretty, and I'm totally convinced that since so many of our goals are the same (and our vices) we will be AMAZING partners for the GAME ON... I'm gearing up-and I WILL RUN WITH YOU this week!!!! Love ya humble!!
Stacy - just heard about your blog. I'm right there with you! My goal this year is to eat healthier and run again - hopefully dropping some pounds is a result of doing them both! I used to do WW and thought it was great; now I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com to track calories. I don't usually cook but made quinoa risotto with butternut squash tonight - no one really liked it but me :( Maybe I'll see you at the Fargo 1/2 (thinking about it)...
Steph Keck
Great goals, Stacy! You can do it! I'm starting Weight Watchers for the first time in my life and I was so glad to read how successful it was for you! Good job! You make running a race sound wonderful. Perhaps that will be a new goal for me in the near future. Take care!
Love your honesty! Good luck with all your goals. I'm right there with you on the races. I love them but hate the expense that comes with them. One day I won't have to worry about money so much. One day.
P.S. How much is the V-day race? Find anyone to run it with you yet?
Post a Comment