Day 3 begins...
Slept really pretty well last night. I don't think I woke up until about 5:45. Went right back to sleep and slept until my alarm went off at 6:30. Yup! Set an alarm! I got up, got dressed and began Day 1 of Week 1 of a Couch to 5K program that I found online. I'm supposed to run 3 days a week for 9 weeks...and at the end, I should be able to successfully complete a 5K. The run was nice. I started off feeling like it was 'too easy' but I dutifully stayed with the guy on my podcast. Turns out - it was just about perfect. By the time I got done, I was sweating profusely (that hopefully has something to do with the amount of humidity & heat in the air already by 7 am), was redfaced and slightly winded...feeling good. I want to try to get Chris to do it every other day so that we can be running "together" but "alone" and can do the Turkey Trot together. My plan is to run every other day alternating with yoga.
Took all my supplements and have had 2 glasses of water and a big cup of mint tea already this morning. Had a hard boiled egg and a pile of veggies for breakfast.
Now - the toughest task for the day will be to figure out how to entertain two energetic little girls who desperately want to go outside and play...it's supposed to be mid-90's again today. ugh.
The Ten Year Challenge
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment