So I've been thinking about blogging. And I keep asking myself "why"? It seems like the
cool thing to do right now. I have friends that are doing it, I've picked up on a few "professional" bloggers out there - and I really enjoy reading them. And I think that's specifically why I have hesitated to start. I've never been one to purposely follow a trend...I proudly purchased my jeans from Fleet Farm when I was in junior high / high school for goodness' sakes because I did NOT understand the idea of spending $50 for a pair of pants...never mind purposely tearing holes in them, pinning or rolling the ankles...nope - not a trend follower. That being said, I also have never been a real trail blazer either...but I do enjoy writing from time to time. That is, I enjoy writing as long as no one is going to correct my grammar or my punctuation. And while I've often attempted to start keeping a journal, I have NEVER been successful.
So I think I'll give this blog thing an experimental "try" --- because:
- I enjoy casual, stream-of-consciousness writing.
- I already feel like little tidbits of my daughters' childhood that seem so important at the time are being lost to history and I'd love to have a better record for them and for myself.
- With Chris travelling as much as he does, I often find myself all alone with the girls for weeks at a time and it gets lonesome to not have someone to immediately share things with...maybe I can plug a little bit of that hole by writing it down?
- I have a multitude of hobbies and interests that could use research, tracking, sharing...a blog might help me to remain "on task" with some of my goals.
- I feel a bit like a voyeur reading other peoples' blogs and feel like it might be time for me "give back" by allowing some people into my head for a bit as well.
I think that's enough reasons for now, am I right? All that being said, I do not promise to keep this up for long. As you can see - I tried this little experiment for a different reason over a year ago with very short-term results. But - I am going to give it a shot.
2 comments:
Hi Stacy! Fun to see you blogging! I'm excited to read your thoughts! Enjoy the process! Jen
Stacy! I think those are great reasons to blog. Good luck with it, and I look forward to following along.
Post a Comment